The voting membership of IEEE annually elects officers that serve on the top-tier IEEE governing bodies. Balloting for the 2022 IEEE Annual Election ended on 3 October 2022.
Mike Hinchey elected as IEEE Region 8 Director Elect 2023-2024, IEEE Region 8 Director 2025-2026, IEEE Region 8 Past Director 2027-2028.
View the complete 2022 IEEE Annual Election results.
Prof. Mike Hinchey elected as IEEE Computer Society Board of Governors Member for Terms 2023-2025. The all six elected members of the Board of Governors for the term beginning 1 January 2023 are:
– İlkay Altintaş, San Diego Supercomputer Center
– Nils Aschenbruck, Universität Osnabrück
– Mike Hinchey, University of Limerick
– Joaquim Jorge, University of Lisbon
– Rick Kazman, University of Hawaii
– Carolyn McGregor, Ontario Tech University
Click to Find Full Election Results
Mike Hinchey has been re-elected IFIP President two times, his terms were September 2016 – September 2022.
International Federation for Information Processing (IFIP):
– is the leading multinational, apolitical organization in Information & Communications Technologies and Sciences
– is recognized by United Nations and other world bodies
– has a formal consultative partnership relation with UNESCO
– represents IT Societies from over 38 countries or regions, covering all 5 continents with a total membership of over half a million
– links more than 3500 scientists from Academia and Industry, organized in more than 101 Working Groups reporting to 13 Technical Committees
– sponsors 100 conferences yearly providing unparalleled coverage from theoretical informatics to the relationship between informatics and society including hardware and software technologies, and networked information systems
Formally IFIP is a non-governmental, non-profit umbrella organization for national societies working in the field of information processing. It was established in 1960 under the auspices of UNESCO as a result of the first World Computer Congress held in Paris in 1959.
To Prof Mike Hinchey by Prof. Isa Ali Ibrahim, Minister of Communications and Digital Economy of the Federal Republic of Nigeria:
“…I write to express my deep appreciation for your participation at the Stakeholders Forum on Emerging Technologies themed Regulatory Roadmap for IoT Ecosystem in Nigeria that took place on 14th July 2022 at Sheraton Hotel, Lagos, Nigeria…”
Download Full Letter of Appreciation