International Federation for Information Processing (IFIP):
– is the leading multinational, apolitical organization in Information & Communications Technologies and Sciences
– is recognized by United Nations and other world bodies
– has a formal consultative partnership relation with UNESCO
– represents IT Societies from over 38 countries or regions, covering all 5 continents with a total membership of over half a million
– links more than 3500 scientists from Academia and Industry, organized in more than 101 Working Groups reporting to 13 Technical Committees
– sponsors 100 conferences yearly providing unparalleled coverage from theoretical informatics to the relationship between informatics and society including hardware and software technologies, and networked information systems
Formally IFIP is a non-governmental, non-profit umbrella organization for national societies working in the field of information processing. It was established in 1960 under the auspices of UNESCO as a result of the first World Computer Congress held in Paris in 1959.